ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Slideshow looks jittery

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John ThompsonSlideshow looks jittery
by on Jun 5, 2010 at 3:51:48 pm

I am trying to export a basic zoom and pan slideshow to DVD, however when I do this I am noticing that on playback when the imaging is scaling up or down it seems to jitter instead of zoom in smoothly. I have tried to export in 24 and 29.97 frames(MPEG-2 DVD) and the playback appears the same. I am new to exporting, so is there something else I need to do or a setting I need to change or what am I missing here.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Return to posts index

Erik WaluskaRe: Slideshow looks jittery
by on Jun 5, 2010 at 5:53:29 pm

Do RAM previews play back smoothly in After Effects? Are you viewing the rendered mpeg movie on a computer screen or watching the DVD on a television? If on a computer what are you playing them back with - quicktime, windows media player, windvd, etc.? Maybe try playing it back with a different app or on a different computer or TV.

Return to posts index

John ThompsonRe: Slideshow looks jittery
by on Jun 5, 2010 at 6:20:30 pm

Hey thanks a lot for the reply. I actually just realized that the DVD that I thought I made 29.97 frames per second was a duplicate of my 24 frames per second comp. When I burned the 29.97 file, all turned out well.

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: Slideshow looks jittery
by on Jun 5, 2010 at 7:43:38 pm

Also, turning motion blur on will lengthen your render time but you'll get smooth moves for sure.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist
Bucharest, Romania

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved