ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

movie output frustration

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jason zaloga
movie output frustration
on Jun 4, 2010 at 9:14:53 pm

I just loaded one test movie into iDVD to see if I am on the right track and then watched it on my tv. nope didn't work, doesn't look like on my monitor. WTF! Sound pops,seems to go to any channel it wants left or right. The picture quality has ghosting pixels around all the footage. Seems jagged around the footage. I tried all the info I was given. All the pictures look crappy. Type looks crappy. I'm crappy. Any video tuts or tuts on comp settings and for output for 16:9. I think I need to take a step back. Or a book.

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: movie output frustration
on Jun 4, 2010 at 9:21:31 pm

As far as learning goes, here is a good place to start and here are some more in-depth learning resources.

As for your issue, we might be able to help if you told us a bit more info about your output settings, comp settings, etc.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

jason zaloga
on Jun 4, 2010 at 10:02:42 pm

comp settings

preset=hdtv 1080 29.97 1920x1080 16:9

render settings output

format=quicktime

video codec= animation
sound codec=apple lossless 44.100khz

pictures are png format
the sound mp3
type used within AE

the quicktime animation codec was made using idvd. i selected the movie and it started burning.
all I want is a 16:9 aspect ratio. I have no hd material. I tried to make another comp using ntsc dv widescreen and fit to comp from the hdtv 1080p comp and rendered using animation followed by idvd. the same result.
the current comp is set to hdtv 1080p. I thought becasue my tv is 1080p hd why not. wrong. i used ae like 12 years ago but used media 100 for compression. I don't know if this is a compression issue using a quicktime animation codec then to idvd. idvd didn't give me the option to select any compression.

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Jun 7, 2010 at 6:08:40 pm

There is no reason at all to work in HD if your final output is going to be a DVD. Do all of your work in an SD comp. The widescreen DV preset in AE works pretty well.
Try outputting as a Quicktime with the PNG codec (not a PNG sequence) and see how that works. You could then take it into the Adobe Media Encoder and encode it to MPEG-2 DVD so that you don't have to rely on iDVD to do the transcoding.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

jason zaloga
on Jun 8, 2010 at 6:19:22 am

thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]