ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Plugin/Effect Animation Presets missing in CS5?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jack cookPlugin/Effect Animation Presets missing in CS5?
by on Jun 4, 2010 at 7:02:05 pm

Recently upgraded to CS5 and when applying an effect to a layer, where there were animation presets in older versions of AE, they are no longer. For example, in CS4, Fractal Noise had several "presets" displayed in a drop-down menu at the top of the Effect Controls panel (Blocks, Cinders, etc.), but it seems that in CS5, they are no longer available? This goes for third-party plugins as well, such as Particular. The presets exist on the hard drive, and can be accessed from Bridge, however this is a time-suck and can't be easily previewed. Anyone having the same problem, or some UI setting I'm missing?

Return to posts index

Brian CharlesRe: Plugin/Effect Animation Presets missing in CS5?
by on Jun 4, 2010 at 7:52:47 pm

In CS5 the default setting for the Effects Control panel is not to show presets.

Select it from the panel drop down and your'e good-to-go.

Return to posts index

jack cookRe: Plugin/Effect Animation Presets missing in CS5?
by on Jun 4, 2010 at 8:05:22 pm

THANK YOU!!! Seems weird that Adobe would turn this off by default, but I am happy to know that the option to turn it off is there, if needed.

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Plugin/Effect Animation Presets missing in CS5?
by on Jun 4, 2010 at 8:47:12 pm

I prefer it off. I rarely, if ever, use presets so I just want the effects themselves to come up when I'm searching.
Adobe has had people request it both ways, I guess my side won :P

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Plugin/Effect Animation Presets missing in CS5?
by on Jun 5, 2010 at 1:39:04 am

BTW, this---like every single other change, no matter how small---is listed here:
http://help.adobe.com/en_US/aftereffects/cs/using/WS8269FE00-C552-478b-9204...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

Eric KirkRe: Plugin/Effect Animation Presets missing in CS5?
by on Sep 24, 2011 at 2:43:27 pm

Boy, this was a big help. I can't count how many times I've run in to this and just accepted that the presets were no longer available!

Thanks!

Eric

Eric D. Kirk
http://www.kirkproductions.com

Return to posts index

Stoney El-AbdRe: Plugin/Effect Animation Presets missing in CS5?
by on Feb 7, 2012 at 2:23:56 pm

Yup, me too, just accepted that they were gone. Really dumb of me considering that the gillion presets I have slow my startup time by 3-5 minutes and I'm always dumping presets from the 'net into the presets folder in my sidebar.

Return to posts index

Eric KirkRe: Plugin/Effect Animation Presets missing in CS5?
by on Feb 7, 2012 at 2:44:19 pm

Well, I sure hope you read the solution in the thread. Someone posted a picture of how to fix it. Wow, I wrote that a long time ago.

Eric

Eric D. Kirk
http://www.kirkproductions.com

Return to posts index

Stephan NilsonRe: Plugin/Effect Animation Presets missing in CS5?
by on Apr 17, 2013 at 3:51:40 pm

OK. I'm having an issue that goes beyond just checking "Show Animated Presets." I have the option selected, but when I expand the Animated Preset drop down box there are no options. The Animated Presets are in the Effects and Preset window, but that's not giving me what I want when I want it. Here are two images to show what I'm referring to.

Thanks.
Stephan

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Plugin/Effect Animation Presets missing in CS5?
by on Apr 17, 2013 at 6:53:13 pm

Stephan, have you saved any animation presets involving this effect? If not, what do you expect to see there?

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]