ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Creating Sparks like from a campfire

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mitch Hardison
Creating Sparks like from a campfire
on Jun 4, 2010 at 6:31:48 pm

does anyone know how to create sparks with particular that look like they are coming from a fire? Like the ones in the titles from this trailor

Do you know where I can find a tutorial that will help me with this? Here are some sparks that I created but I think they could be a lot better http://www.vimeo.com/12278759

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: Creating Sparks like from a campfire
on Jun 4, 2010 at 7:25:26 pm

A lot of video sites are blocked for me behind this security wall where I work, so I can't see your examples, but I can at least point you to this tutorial. They do two projects second one with smoke and what looks like sparks. And there's this one which is all about some sparks.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Mitch Hardison
on Jun 4, 2010 at 8:08:19 pm

Thanks a lot Michael

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Jun 4, 2010 at 8:48:39 pm

No problem. If I were doing sparks from a campfire, I would make small particles traveling upward, using the turbulence field to give them swirly, random movement.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

scott novasic
on Jun 5, 2010 at 4:11:54 am

i know its not particular, but particle illusion is by far my favorite, fastest and most versatile particle generator and really does sparks and smoke and fire great...

Scott

SuperNova
Animation & Visual Effects
Scott Novasic
Los Angeles Ca
web:http://web.mac.com/finaleffects

Return to posts index

Mitch Hardison
on Jun 5, 2010 at 6:06:58 pm

can i use particle illusion in After Effects? or is it a separate program. sorry if that is a stupid question

Return to posts index

scott novasic
on Jun 5, 2010 at 11:07:29 pm

no Mitch. I never think any questions are stupid. Particle illusion JUST came out with an AE version. Its not as good as the actual stand alone application though. I love it and use it a ton. I barely use Particular anymore. No Pi is a GREAT plug in. To me, though, its pretty tiring to get the results you want from it, and my deadlines dont allow me the time to play with a particle system forever. P Illusion has hundreds of free presets that get you sooo close to what you need you just need to tweek them. Theres a lot of tacky stuff as well, but overall as you get used to it... its amazing!

Scott

SuperNova
Animation & Visual Effects
Scott Novasic
Los Angeles Ca
web:http://web.mac.com/finaleffects

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]