ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

import multiple files?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Sabistonimport multiple files?
by on Jun 4, 2010 at 3:32:02 pm

I have a sequence of BMP images and I want to import them as a continuous piece of footage, at say 5 frames-per-second. I've tried the 'Import Multiple Files' option and checked BMP sequence and even 'force alphabetical order', but it will only bring in one file. This is in CS3.

The problem is that the files are ordered with three extra 0's on the end. So, like this:

I would have thought that AE would still do it, since they are technically in numerical order, but it won't. Anyone know how I can do this in an easy way? I used to have a program to rename all the files and remove the trailing 000's, but I don't have that anymore.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: import multiple files?
by on Jun 4, 2010 at 3:51:41 pm

I presume you've read AE's Online Help, and that you're fully aware of the method to import an image sequence, which appears in AE as a single piece of footage.

If it isn't happening properly, then you may have to rename your individual files.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Erik WaluskaRe: import multiple files?
by on Jun 5, 2010 at 6:30:56 pm

A way around this would be to put them all into a folder and import the folder using the "import folder" button. Once you have them in the project they should sort correctly in the project panel in numeric order from top to bottom so select all of the images by clicking on the first one first and then shift clicking the last one (the order you select them in determines the order they will appear in the composition) and drag them to the "new composition" icon at the bottom of the project window and set it to:
- single composition
- still duration of 1
- sequence layers
- uncheck "overlap"

This will give you a pre-comp that's basically the same as an image sequence.

Return to posts index

Bob SabistonRe: import multiple files?
by on Jun 5, 2010 at 8:07:51 pm

wow thanks! I would never known how to do that. I actually was able to fix the sequencing on the originating side of the export, so I don't need it now but I am glad to know it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved