ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Exporting movies from AE and import it in Flash with alpha channel possible?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Choi
Exporting movies from AE and import it in Flash with alpha channel possible?
on Jun 4, 2010 at 6:22:41 am

Hi,

I am trying to make a mouse cursor animation for website. The animation has little dots coming out from the cursor. Is there anyway I can make the animation in after effect and imported into Flash with the alpha channel at the background? I do not want to see the white background surround around the animation after I export from AE and imported in Flash.

Let me know,
Thank you

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Exporting movies from AE and import it in Flash with alpha channel possible?
on Jun 4, 2010 at 3:08:22 pm

I don't know about exporting with an alpha channel, but you sure can use AE's Render Queue to render a movie with an alpha channel -- just pick a codec that supports alpha channels, set it to millions of colors plus, RGB+Alpha, and either straight or premultiplied, whichever your application needs.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: Exporting movies from AE and import it in Flash with alpha channel possible?
on Jun 4, 2010 at 3:52:30 pm

from "Render and export a composition as an FLV or F4V file"

"To include the alpha channel in the FLV output, use the On2 VP6 codec and select Encode Alpha Channel in the Video tab of the export settings dialog box. "

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]