ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

CS4_Trouble getting audio to render out with animation

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Taliesn JonesCS4_Trouble getting audio to render out with animation
by on Jun 1, 2010 at 3:32:27 pm

Working on an animation piece set to some orchestral music ( Prokofiev's " Romeo & Juliet" ) and animating some wonderful imagery reacting to the music using. I've been doing the Press numeric pad Zero and then Spacebar to make the RAM preview play the soundtrack with the animation , but obviously i've forgotten some setting or CS4 has changed because everytime i see the result I wish and then render it all out the resulting plays the animation but *no* soundtrack plays in unison so i can identify which part of the classiclapiece this animation is associated with.
This is for an extended piece to be performed live using ArKaos and I'd really appreciate a heads-up on what I'm missing.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: CS4_Trouble getting audio to render out with animation
by on Jun 1, 2010 at 3:38:53 pm

An important question: do you have an video editing application available on your machine?

I work with sound files in AE all the time... but ONLY for reference. I almost NEVER render out the audio, and I render shots that have lip-sync sound. I match up video to audio in Final Cut Pro.

Sorry, but I have absolutely NO idea what ArKaos is. But if you absolutely MUST have a video file with an audio track, use AE's Render Queue, and make adjustments in the Output Module to include the audio track.

PS: That's an interesting name you have: are you familiar with the God-Almighty Jonses of Spring Green?

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Taliesn JonesRe: CS4_Trouble getting audio to render out with animation
by on Jun 1, 2010 at 7:28:50 pm

Appreciate you getting back to me. Went online to iChat with my *Mac Whisperer* of some 15 years and he reminded me of the *Output Module* window that pops up when you double-click on the words *output module* in the *render cue*. I knew there was some check box somewhere for turning on audio to be rendered with the animation.
I don;t use the audio for actual performance purposes , but for references as I render out each vignette of animation animated in time to each selected block of the music soundtrack. Put simply it's extremely difficult to put descriptive names to each little isolated piece of the entire soundtrack and then assemble them in the correct order for the performance. It's so much easier, for me anyway , to just here each bit of music and know precisely where I am in the production chain and can choose from among several experiments for the right one to use.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved