ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Render to DVCPRO50

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hannes PaulssonRender to DVCPRO50
by on Jun 1, 2010 at 11:59:57 am

I'm not sure if this really is the right place for this question, but since I'm working in AE I hope I can get some help here.

So here's the thing. I'm currently doing a job where the customer want me to deliver in the format DVCPRO50 .dif

I don't really get how this is done. If I got this right, dvcpro50 is a format for storing dv-material on tape. But they don't want it on tape, they want it as a .dif-file, wich I've never heard of.

After some googleing, all I can find is hardware from Matrox that will encode to this format. So, do I need hardware to do this? Isn't there a downloadable codec that will let me encode to this format?

I have a deadline today, but luckly they let us deliver as uncompressed quictime this time, but the next time they will want it as the .dif

No one at the company I work for seems to know anything about this either, so It looks like it's up to me to figure it out.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Render to DVCPRO50
by on Jun 1, 2010 at 3:00:17 pm

If you're on a Windows box, you'll need to buy the DVCPro 50 codec. The "50" part refers to the bit rate: 50 mb/sec; DV is 25 mb/sec.

I don't have a clue what a .dif file is; never heard of it. But then, I've led a sheltered life.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Hannes PaulssonRe: Render to DVCPRO50
by on Jun 2, 2010 at 12:01:52 pm

Ok! And do I need to by any hardware for that? Should I by it from matrox?

Return to posts index

Erik WaluskaRe: Render to DVCPRO50
by on Jun 1, 2010 at 4:14:10 pm

Try using this search term:
.dif file format

It pulled up pages of information.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved