ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Exporting AE CS4 project to PPro CS3

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Salter
Exporting AE CS4 project to PPro CS3
on May 31, 2010 at 2:04:32 pm

Hi everyone,

I've been pouring through the forum looking for a solution to my "video problems" and decided it was time to ask the question... How do I fix this.

I created a small animation in AE with still pictures that look like polaroids that "drop" and then fade off. I then render to AVI and open in PPro (I don't have dynamic link). When I play the AE AVI in PPro it flickers and I can't for the life of me figure this out. Since I'm new to both AE and PPro I'm thinking the settings are not the same between the two projects or during the render. In the other posts I've read there are numerous reasons why this could be happening. To simply narrow things down without going into a lot of detail, is there a "standard" I should be using in both projects to ensure the AE project plays properly in PPro? I know this should be "easy" but in reality it's driving me crazy :-)

FYI - I also imported a small AVI clip to AE and then re-exported to AVI to try and narrow down the correct settings and I get flicker/jump in the new AVI file.

Thanks

Mark

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Re: Exporting AE CS4 project to PPro CS3
on May 31, 2010 at 6:43:59 pm

Do you have the same frame rate on both projects ( 29.97 or 25 or 24...). Are both AE and Premiere projects interlaced or progressive?
If you got these two exactly the same, then it may be the fact that you are using compressed footage - look for Dave's Stock Answer #1, great advice. Render out uncompressed or tga/tiff sequences from AE then import in Premiere and render.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist
Bucharest, Romania
http://www.ennstudio.ro

Return to posts index

Mark Salter
on May 31, 2010 at 7:54:48 pm

I'll check both and get back to you

Return to posts index

Mark Salter
on Jun 1, 2010 at 1:57:31 pm

Looks like a RAM issue. I started the cuputer, ran only AE and PPro and first render of the AE project worked great.

Guess it's time for a new machine :-)

Thanks

Mark

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
on Jun 1, 2010 at 4:14:16 pm

Yep- running AE and Premiere in the same time (except CS5) will kill your machine. AE is a RAM hog- at least 2Gb/processing core.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist
Bucharest, Romania
http://www.ennstudio.ro

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]