ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

slow and sluggish

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jason zalogaslow and sluggish
by on May 31, 2010 at 2:38:48 am

I've got one of the 2009 new macs. 2x2.26, 6 gigs of ram and NVIDIA GeForce GT 120.

it is acting extremely stuggish. i've even turned off live preview and one quarter view. is this machine not enough?

Return to posts index

Uli PlankRe: slow and sluggish
by on May 31, 2010 at 6:27:35 am

Codec? Size? Layers? AE can be sluggish on any machineā€¦

Director of the Institute of Media Research (IMF) at Braunschweig University of Arts

Return to posts index

jason zalogaRe: slow and sluggish
by on May 31, 2010 at 7:35:39 am

I have three videos that have in and out points
that I compressed from a sonogram dvd that I got from the hospital. used MPEG to convert them into Apple PNG, 640 x 480, Millions
16-bit Integer (Big Endian), Stereo, 48.000 kHz, files are pretty big. range from 800 mb to 2.5 gigs. I got the compression info from these forums for the video. no third party effects. pictures, masks and text. now I'm having a hard time being able to play sound.

I'm trying to make a video for my girls first b-day and I thought how come this is so sluggish. My thoughts are the videos.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: slow and sluggish
by on May 31, 2010 at 3:31:35 pm

My thoughts are that you don't really know how to use AE.

While the fault could lie in the video, it's more likely that you're working under the mistaken notion that you can play files in AE just like you can in an editing application. AE does far different things than an editing application, so it doesn't work like one.

Furthermore, because the application came of age when about the only people using it were professionals, it still assumes a thorough knowledge of a wide variety of basics. You can't really learn one techinque to get you by, because there are many ways AE will frustrate and foil you because you didn't know something else.

This doesn't mean you can't learn it -- not by any means! It's just that with AE, you have to walk before you run.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

jason zalogaRe: slow and sluggish
by on May 31, 2010 at 5:01:21 pm

All I know are some basics. But when it comes to compressing, outputing and how to make it perform better, I know nothing. With that said any suggestions in making it perform better?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved