ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

3D Text Disappearing

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Abdulla Jamil3D Text Disappearing
by on May 30, 2010 at 9:18:43 pm

Hi Everyone

I'm an AE newbie (literally got it 3 days ago) and i've hit a roadblock in my first project (following along with an andrew kramer tutorial). Now i know this is gonna be really simple to you guys and ill feel like an idiot afterwards but i cant get 3D Text to show up. I put the text on and when i click the 3d button it dissappears. I can see a box for it sometimes and i can see it through the top camera but i cant actually see the text.

Any ideas???

Return to posts index

Abdulla JamilRe: 3D Text Disappearing
by on May 30, 2010 at 11:18:34 pm

No matter. I am an idiot. I had copied it from a text that i had a fade out effect on so the opacity was set to 0.

Thx anyway

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: 3D Text Disappearing
by on May 31, 2010 at 8:00:23 am

Don't be down on yourself- you've not only posted your first on the Cow but you also gave an answer- even if it is to your own problem. Not expecting a quick fix from others and continuing to work it out on your own will help you get better at it with time.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist
Bucharest, Romania

Return to posts index

Abdulla JamilRe: 3D Text Disappearing
by on Jun 2, 2010 at 8:12:33 pm

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: 3D Text Disappearing
by on Jun 1, 2010 at 1:29:23 pm

Welcome to the world of AE! It can be confusing, especially when you're first starting out, but you seem to be well on your way with figuring out stuff on your own.
Starting off with a good foundation will help you avoid frustration in the future. Go here for some (free!) resources specially compiled for beginners like you.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved