ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

After Effects - FCP

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael WorthAfter Effects - FCP
by on May 29, 2010 at 11:21:01 pm

I am editing a feature vampire film and I am going to be constantly color correcting and adding effects in After Effects. I am editing in FCP. I have had a lot of issues with AE cutting the clips short.

Would it be smart for me to bring in the entire scene and try to edit it that way?

Preferably I would like to correct and add effects to one clip at a time.
It would really be helpful. If anyone has any idea's they think might help it's possible you could save about three months on my life.

Thank you.

Return to posts index

Sascha EngelRe: After Effects - FCP
by on May 30, 2010 at 2:20:20 pm

I would really like to help you, but I do not understand the questions - I think.
As I am working with both, FCP and AE - also jumping between both apps, I might have some advice.
Can you specify your question.
Why you constantly color correct? Don't you wanna finish your OffLine editing first, before going into Online work?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: After Effects - FCP
by on May 31, 2010 at 4:49:13 pm

I'm with Sascha. Continually color-correcting is an extremely bass-ackwards way to do things. It's very inefficient. It is the very thing that is sucking those three months out of your life. It is not the FCP-AE workflow.

Lock your edit, then color correct in AE. If you say, "Well, I can't lock the edit", then don't do the color correcting until you can. It's that simple. Get used to that fact.

You have to make up your mind at some point. But so far, it sounds like you're reluctant to do so. You'll have to or you will wast time and drive yourself nuts, all for the sake of merely keeping your options open. Life's too short. Don't do it.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved