ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

basic timewarp question

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tino D'Voebasic timewarp question
by on May 28, 2010 at 6:11:48 am

Hi, this is probably a simple problem that I'm having because I'm new to after effects but I'm trying to slow down a clip I've imported from premiere.

its a 10 second clip that I'm trying to slow down using the timewarp plugin but instead of slowing down the clip, the footage is getting cut off instead. At 100% i see the full clip, anything lower and the footage starts getting shortened.

Sorry for the dumb question in advance, i've been trying to follow how it was shown in a video tutorial but I cannot figure out what i'm doing any different to not make this remotely work.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: basic timewarp question
by on May 28, 2010 at 3:56:01 pm

[Tino D'Voe] "At 100% i see the full clip, anything lower and the footage starts getting shortened. "

Yup. Make it 200% instead and see what happens.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Chris WrightRe: basic timewarp question
by on May 28, 2010 at 4:24:24 pm

If you don't precomp the footage first, it will cut off.

http://technicolorsoftware.hostzi.com/

Return to posts index

Tino D'VoeRe: basic timewarp question
by on May 28, 2010 at 6:30:12 pm

i've tried setting 'stretch' to 200%, doing the precomp thing by hitting ctrl+shift+c, tried prerenering too but still the same problem. The footage simply starts at an earlier point and no matter what I can't get the actual part that I want slowed down to show in the timeline.

Return to posts index

Chris WrightRe: basic timewarp question
by on May 28, 2010 at 6:43:47 pm

Perhaps you haven't extented the composition to match the longer length. Here's an example of a super slow motion yet all frames are fully retained. Keep in mind, it was created for a timewarp 18fps and has timestretches in the output, so adjust accordingly in your project.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XS4UKHG3

http://technicolorsoftware.hostzi.com/

Return to posts index

Tino D'VoeRe: basic timewarp question
by on May 29, 2010 at 5:13:20 am

thanks for the help!

I tried pre-compose again and selecting 'move all attributes to new composition' option allowed me to adjust the time and control where in the clip the footage would slow down.

I'm glad I went through the hassle too btw, the footage rendered perfectly and they're so smooth that you'd think it was ramped on the camera!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: basic timewarp question
by on May 28, 2010 at 8:52:58 pm

Why jump through all those hoops? Just put the footage in the comp, set stretch for 200% and you're done, no precomposing needed.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]