ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

snow sticking to edge of a 2d layer tree?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Avi Aflalosnow sticking to edge of a 2d layer tree?
by on May 27, 2010 at 5:21:35 pm

hi there,

I'm trying to create a snow effect, and i need the snow particle to gather and "stick" to the upper edge of a 2d tree in the middle of my comp.

tried to use particular trapcode's "bounce" option (with "stick" turned on) but it doesn't help since it needs a 3d layer which is facing its flat side towards the particles.

any ideas guys?

Return to posts index

Jeffrey KaplanRe: snow sticking to edge of a 2d layer tree?
by on May 27, 2010 at 5:58:58 pm

I'm not sure specifically what you are going for - but a simple solution would be to gradually turn on / reveal layers of snow that you designed already on the tree. In addition, you could add a few "hero particles" that you animate specifically to fall with the other snow and land on the tree. The combination of the two should create some believable results.

Jeff Kaplan
Point 360 WEST
Animation & VFX Department
http://www.point360west.com

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: snow sticking to edge of a 2d layer tree?
by on May 27, 2010 at 8:24:29 pm

A search for Snow in the CreativeCOW tutorials section pulls up this tutorial. It looks ideal for you.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Avi AflaloRe: snow sticking to edge of a 2d layer tree?
by on May 28, 2010 at 11:00:53 pm

wow, thanks!

exactly what i needed!
too bad it uses particle playground and not particular since it isn't that flexible considering all the other features, but i guess it should give me a good start for what i need.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]