ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

After Effects Smooths Out Positions Movements when I do more than 2 movements. How can I eliminate this?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John ThompsonAfter Effects Smooths Out Positions Movements when I do more than 2 movements. How can I eliminate this?
by on May 27, 2010 at 7:16:12 am

Hi,

When I try to do multiple position movements with a 2D layer, After Effects will automatically smooth the position movement out by creating a curving effect. Is there anyway I can eliminate this Easing/curving/bouncing like effect that is automatically being added when I use 3 or more different positions for one picture?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: After Effects Smooths Out Positions Movements when I do more than 2 movements. How can I eliminate this?
by on May 27, 2010 at 1:17:34 pm

Select all the keyframes-right click on one of the keyframes and choose "Keyframe Interpolation". You want to change your keyframes to be LInear.

Under Edit>Preferences you can change it so that keyframes default to a linear interpolation.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
http://www.ckandco.net

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: After Effects Smooths Out Positions Movements when I do more than 2 movements. How can I eliminate this?
by on May 27, 2010 at 1:41:21 pm

John is right. Here is more information about keyframe interpolation.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: After Effects Smooths Out Positions Movements when I do more than 2 movements. How can I eliminate this?
by on May 27, 2010 at 2:15:06 pm

I see Todd beat me to it, but since I went to the trouble of writing up a response, here it is anyway:

http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/2/979689

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

John ThompsonRe: After Effects Smooths Out Positions Movements when I do more than 2 movements. How can I eliminate this?
by on May 27, 2010 at 5:31:13 pm

Thanks so much guys for the help guys! And sorry for posting the same question twice under this thread and my non-related thread. Once I posted it in my old thread I wasn't sure if it would be answered since the topic of the thread was unrelated.

So anyways, thanks again!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]