ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

AE CS 5 Cant open/export QuickTime (Win 7 - 64bit)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
andrea rusky
AE CS 5 Cant open/export QuickTime (Win 7 - 64bit)
on May 27, 2010 at 4:28:26 am

on the same machine, i have CS 4 and no problem opening and exporting in quicktime
but with CS 5 i can't

i uninstalled and re-installed quicktime..but nothing changed

here my specs:
Quicktime Version 7.7.6
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Adobe After Effects CS 5

thanks
a.

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: AE CS 5 Cant open/export QuickTime (Win 7 - 64bit)
on May 27, 2010 at 1:44:38 pm

Exactly what are you doing, and exactly what does After Effects do and tell you?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

andrea rusky
on May 29, 2010 at 9:17:55 am

i dont see quicktime as option when i select the output file format in the render queue

and i can't import quicktime movies (H264 or PNG codec..but i think any of the codec won't work)
the error i've got when i try to import quicktime is this:

After Effects error: file 'filename.mov' cannot be imported - this
'.mov' fle is damaged or unsupported.

thanks

Return to posts index

andrea rusky
on Jun 1, 2010 at 4:30:15 am

..and i forgot to mention, it when i start after effects, it takes very long time
it's like stuck with "Initializing MediaCore" so i guess there is something wrong with
the Quicktime / MediaCore
There is a way to reset the preferences... ?
thanks
a.

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Jun 2, 2010 at 1:01:15 am

We're in the midst of tracking this issue and some related issues down. There are a few potential solutions here.

putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

Todd Morgan
on Aug 10, 2010 at 8:43:17 pm

Hi Todd,

Has Adobe come up with a proper solution to this issue? I can't start CS5 in my user account, but when I create a new user I have no problem starting CS5.

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Aug 11, 2010 at 3:13:34 pm

Here is a document that addresses one problem regarding crashes or hangs on start, as well as some problems with QuickTime:
http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/857/cpsid_85711.html

Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support

Return to posts index

metta xu
on Dec 21, 2011 at 10:49:19 am

I've got the same problem with CS 5.5 AE. I tried to import some .mov files to work on but it gives me an instant error "After Effects error: Cant' import file "abc.mov": unsupported filetype or extension (0::1)

I have CS 5.5 production suite, using AE.

- AMD 1100 6 cores
- GTX 560 ti
- 16 gb ram
- Windows 7
- Quicktime 7.7.1

I'm new to AE but I believe .mov are pretty standard file formats so I don't understand why I cannot import .mov files to AE. Can some kind soul share some advise? Many thanks.

Return to posts index

Ken Geary
on Feb 1, 2012 at 4:59:51 pm

Same issue here and with a brand new fresh insatll of Win 7 Pro and CS 5.0 with all updates.
Seems AE cant handle .mov as source and export to another .mov
The UGLY workround is to export first to lossless AVI (dont forget to check audio output if needed). THEN import that AVI drop on new timeline and export to QT , also helps to select Edit > Purge> All to clear out any memory cache from RAM previews.

Hope that helps

Ken

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]