ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

round the world effect?? lost

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dawud Aliround the world effect?? lost
by on May 27, 2010 at 12:46:34 am

TEMPLATE: house of 5 leaves (openning for the anime)

that's the link to the thing i'm trying to recreate by drawing the different layers of Ps then importing them into Ae.

Do u guys no of any online tutorials here on youtube or anywere which could help me. unless u no ur self.

im having a really hard time putting this togather mainly because i don't no how to set up the layers also i'm not sure how a camera should be involved. I spoke to a few people they suggested the same thing put all the drawings layers spaced out and have them sitting on a curve. Then create a cam that will pull back and round the world we go. It didn’t work .

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: round the world effect?? lost
by on May 27, 2010 at 6:52:54 am

set layers to be 3d. Link each to a separate null(1,2....) and all nulls to a Main null. Move all layers in z space to offset them from the null(1,2... and Main). Depending on how many layers you have calculate the angle by which each null(1,2... NOT the Main) should be rotated on the z axis from eachother. You've got yourself a cilinder with all the drawings that can be rotated from the Main null on the x axis. Set camera as you wish and animate rotation. (you may have to play with the distance of the layers from the nulls in z space).

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist
Bucharest, Romania

Return to posts index

Dawud AliRe: round the world effect?? lost
by on May 27, 2010 at 11:55:13 am

thanks i'll give that a go when i have the chance. thanks again

Return to posts index

Ian CollisterRe: round the world effect?? lost
by on May 28, 2010 at 10:05:20 am

There is a tutorial on here, i think its called 'ring of cows' which, with a little adaptation, should give what your looking for, or at very least give you an idea how to set the scene up.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved