ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Few questions to do with cs5 after effects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mathew lisett
Few questions to do with cs5 after effects
on May 26, 2010 at 8:01:23 pm

hi folks, firstly i shall say hi and thanks for the mass number of help videos.

secoundly, here are my system specs.

windows 7 x64
6gb ram
q6600 at 3.51ghz watercooled
runnign cs5 with plugins of color finesse 3

1st issue. Memory
ive just discovered whilst adjusting the footage that after say, 20 mins of the interface of color finesse, my memory starts to climb. If i dont keep an eye on the progession of the memory biuld up it will max out after just 40 mins of adjustments, and will actually crash after effects ir (not responding), or if its even idle for that amoutn fo time .
Now ive checked the memory settings and all seems fine, unless you guys can avise me on soemthign better ie settings wise.

I have after effects set on the follwing.

depth 32bit workign space hdtv 16-235

2nd question

how do you split scenes or sections of the footage so you can apply different effects? as im able to do this via sony vegas pro 9 as well as the likes of tmpgenc xpress, but cant seem to figure how to do it with affects.

3rd

i understand theres a feature called de noise in cs5, yet i cant seem to find it in after effects.

manythanks

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Few questions to do with cs5 after effects
on May 26, 2010 at 9:40:38 pm

You only have 6GB for AE CS5? You need to get more RAM, as soon as you can get it.

A good rule to follow: get 4 GB RAM per processor core on your computer. If you can afford more, get more... ESPECIALLY if you work in HD and at 32 bits.

Look in noise and grain.

And please take time to proof read and fix your posts -- your typing is almost incomprehensible. Really stinks.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

mathew lisett
on May 26, 2010 at 9:50:52 pm

how much ram do i need then to be safe.

if 32 bit is too much for the moment, what should it be set at whilst im stuck with 6gb

i appologise for the bad spelling etc, i suffer with dyslexcia and other issues, so please bare with me.

by the way just been testing, it seems the memory goes near to the max when color finesse 3 is in use via its full interface, and deffimnately if left to idle for a period of time like 20 mins.

ive left adobe effects idle and no issues, no crashes. so im wondering if thats a bug i have discovered with color finesse 3

any chance of knowing how to do th splitting and how to add different effects for each section. im guessing there must be a video or two about them.

many thanks for replying

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on May 28, 2010 at 10:48:16 pm

[mathew lisett] "any chance of knowing how to do th splitting and how to add different effects for each section"

Sure: use the Split Layer command -- command-shift-d (Mac). It splits the layer at the point of the timeline cursor, creating two non-overlapping layers.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]