ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

After Effects Users: PC or Mac

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob WilkieAfter Effects Users: PC or Mac
by on May 26, 2010 at 7:39:48 pm

I recently won a very expensive (street value $1,400) Nvidia graphics card at an Adobe CS5 exhibition, specifically the Quadro FX 4800. I can’t use it and will have to sell it. I figured the After Effects community would be a good place to try to sell it. The card maker has given me a little time to choose between Mac or PC. Normally, I would answer Mac. But the crowd at the exhibition seemed to be evenly split between Mac and PC users. What is the approximate ratio of PC After Effects users vs Mac After Effects users in the Northeast? (I'm guessing there might be regional differences. Another variable lto consider is whereas this card can be used on many different PCs there are only a few Macs that can use it.)

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: After Effects Users: PC or Mac
by on May 26, 2010 at 9:32:25 pm

Ask on this question on the COW's the Adobe Premiere forum. That Nvidia card doesn't do anything for After Effects, but it's just GREAT for Premiere.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Erik LindahlRe: After Effects Users: PC or Mac
by on May 26, 2010 at 10:11:57 pm

A dilemma with that card is it will accelerate Premier CS5 a lot but compared to an ATI-card it will cripple Color somewhat. Then again it is the prefered card for Smoke so yeah, you can surely sell it to the mac-community I'd imagine.

Erik Lindahl
Freecloud Post Production Services

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved