ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

scissors movement while cutting

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aqeel Sami
scissors movement while cutting
on May 25, 2010 at 11:09:10 am

I have both parts of scissors each on a jpg picture and i made an anchor point in the middle so to look like real scissors. the question is how could i make it move outward and inward using expressions without keying.thanks alot

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: scissors movement while cutting
on May 25, 2010 at 1:31:45 pm

You can keyframe rotation on one part of the scissors and then link the other part to the first one (multiplied by -1) and see if that works. You can also use a loopOut() expression to repeat the movement so you only have to keyframe one instance of the motion and it'll repeat until the end of time. Well, until the end of the timeline. (Hahaha AE humor. What do you mean, "don't quit your day job"? C'mon it was kinda funny! Oh, okay.)

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: scissors movement while cutting
on May 25, 2010 at 2:44:46 pm

[Aqeel Sami] "...how could i make it move outward and inward using expressions without keying..."

Michael told you the expressions part, and here's the "without keying" part: mask around the scissors.

JPEGs don't support Alpha Channels, so you have to create transparency for the scissor shapes somehow. If you don't key, you have to mask. It's that simple.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]