ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Making keyed footage stick to wall

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Josh Anderson Making keyed footage stick to wall
by on May 25, 2010 at 9:23:39 am

Ok, so I am new to After Effects, and here is my problem. I have a scene where I need my keyed footage to look like it is a sticker on a wall. The footage will start as a still image, then it will begin to move and eventually it will slide off the wall. I have all the other elements ready, but I need to know how to make it look like it is a flat sticker sliding or peeling off the wall. Does anyone have any links to tutorials, or perhaps any advice on where to start? I know this is an odd request, so any help would be appreciated. I am using After effects cs4 and premiere pro CS4. I also have mocha for after effects as well, so I need to know if it is possible to do with just these three programs.

Thank you

Return to posts index

Chris ButtacoliRe: Making keyed footage stick to wall
by on May 25, 2010 at 4:09:10 pm

If the camera is locked down or just panning and zooming, the effect can be done with what you have. If the camera is tracking, the perspective changes may be more difficult to reproduce.

Start by tracking the wall you want to apply the sticker to. If you are new to AE, then I would highly recommend searching the internet for Mocha tutorials. There are tons of them and they will be invaluable in your learning.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved