ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Match Moving Green Screen

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg Burke
Match Moving Green Screen
on May 25, 2010 at 12:54:00 am

Hey guys, Need some advice. A client shot a Music video on a green screen, and the camera is moving very dramatically, Is there a way to match the camera movement using only after effects? I've seen Boju the match moving tracking software but that can cost up to 1,000$ money i don't have. Whats the best way to tackle this? Below is a link to one of the clips that i need to "try" and match move on.

http://www.gregburkepost.com/Cow/index.html

if this can't be done using only AE let me know. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Match Moving Green Screen
on May 25, 2010 at 2:35:20 am

If not Boujou, check out Syntheyes.

I'm sorry that you don't have a lot of cash to toss around for this, but if you want to be done with the project before the close of the decade, you need matchmove software.

Ain't no cheap way around this, I'm afraid.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on May 25, 2010 at 2:44:52 am

PFHoe is inexpensive. There's a link to a tutorial about PFHoe and After Effects toward the end of this page.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

Chris Buttacoli
on May 25, 2010 at 4:14:41 pm

IMPORTANT.... if the greenscreen didn't have tracking markers on it for the software to track, you will be wasting every single dollar you spend.

Return to posts index

Chris Buttacoli
on May 25, 2010 at 4:21:02 pm

OK OK, I just saw you had a link to some sample footage. The greenscreen has markers, so the investment will not be a bust!!

Sorry, but better safe than sorry. Just tryin' to help a fellow COW out.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]