ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

After effects- lines on my footage when there is motion.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jenna Susetio
After effects- lines on my footage when there is motion.
on May 25, 2010 at 12:44:52 am

I do news for my church every week... and lately i have been adding more colour grades to my footage but for some reason when i export my footage out of after effects when they move there are lines through the part of the footage that is moving fast....

My mate was saying something about interpolation... sorry if spelt wrong!

How can i make FCP and AE have the same setting so i can get rid of the line?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: After effects- lines on my footage when there is motion.
on May 25, 2010 at 2:45:16 am

It's called interpretation, as in the Interpret Footage Window. It has to do with field order. You need to interpret interlaced footage in the proper field order for your footage. Then, using AE's Render Queue (DON'T EXPORT! It's for weenies!), you render in the proper field order for your target: DVD wiould be lower field first, and 1080i would be upper field first.

Are we over your head with this? Sorry: ain't no easy way to explain this stuff.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Jenna Susetio
on May 25, 2010 at 4:30:44 am

Nah that was great help thanks! I use upper for my comp in FCP and Upper in AE it only seems to happen when i apply grades on it! oh and sorry by exporting i mean going to comp/make movie..... is that the best way or is there a better way?

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on May 25, 2010 at 1:26:38 pm

Ack! There is definitely a better way. You want to add your comp to the render queue. And make sure that in those render queue settings you are also doing the correct field info.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on May 25, 2010 at 2:47:52 pm

Well, actually, if you use the Make Movie command, it adds the comp to the Render Queue.

Okay, the last time I used the Make Movie command, which was a few versions ago, that's what it did. I may be a little out of touch.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]