ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Need to peel page behind itself

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christine P.Need to peel page behind itself
by on May 24, 2010 at 2:24:42 pm

I am trying to achieve the opposite of a page turn. I am looking to peel the layer behind itself, rather than in front. The best way I can describe it is to imagine someone holding an adhesive bandage, and seeing the backing peeled off, but from the front view.
(I feel like I must be missing a very simple solution!)

Thank You for your help!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Need to peel page behind itself
by on May 24, 2010 at 2:38:55 pm

This sounds like a job for AE 10. It contains Freeform, which allows you to warp and animate planar 3D layers.

On earlier versions, you could TRY using AE's Page Turn effect, with the back layer nested in a comp the same size as the main comp, and running it backwards.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Christine P.Re: Need to peel page behind itself
by on May 24, 2010 at 4:15:29 pm

Thank you for the response, Dave.
I am exploring with AE Page Turn in AE 8.0, but ultimately doubt it'll give me the desired effect. It may be time for me to explore Freeform and see if that is the best solution.

Thanks, again.

Return to posts index

Jake Nelson-DooleyRe: Need to peel page behind itself
by on May 24, 2010 at 8:55:16 pm

I don't know if you have this is AE 8, but the Cylinder effect might work for you. Effects->Perspective->CC Cyclinder

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Need to peel page behind itself
by on May 25, 2010 at 1:19:39 pm

Ah, good call on CC Cylinder. If you apply Grow Bounds before CC Cylinder and then animate the amount, you could possible fake this.
You may need to actually put your layer in a much bigger precomp and move it to one of the edges to get it to peel away from one side...

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved