ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

CC Rain from high angle

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sofia ChanCC Rain from high angle
by on May 24, 2010 at 1:38:18 pm

I am working on getting Rain Simulation with the camera looking down from a high-angle (pov from the sky down an alley). Normal CC Rain could only make rain from eye level and I am wondering if there is any way to achieve the high angle effect?

Thank you very much for helping!!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: CC Rain from high angle
by on May 24, 2010 at 2:56:38 pm

Using AE straight out of the box, you could take a look at the usefulness of CC Particle World. You'll be working in 3D to pull this off.

If you need the little splashes and ripples when the rain hits the pavement, this may be a job for a 3D application.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: CC Rain from high angle
by on May 25, 2010 at 1:15:16 pm

You don't actually need a 3d app to pull it off with the ripples, but you will need a 3rd party plugin.

Trapcode's Particular (available from Red Giant), has options for collisions if you work with physics set to Bounce. You can create a layer (doesn't have to be visible) and use it as the "floor" layer. Then you can set your auxilary particles to look like a ripple and set it to happen on contact with the floor! (Also killing the main particles). I may have an old project using something like this kicking around, if I have time today I'll try to find it. (Although I have a feeling today's about to kick off in busy-ness.)

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved