ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

whats the best way to do this? (independent zspace keyframes for hundreds of layers)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
leon kesslerwhats the best way to do this? (independent zspace keyframes for hundreds of layers)
by on May 21, 2010 at 9:37:32 pm

Hello every1,
I am a pretty experienced After Effects user but was wondering if there was an easier way to achieve the effect im trying to get.

Description of Animation:
I want the animation to start with a full-frame video. Then it will slowly zoom out to reveal hundreds of videos stacked up to create a huge palette of videos playing independently. Then a logo will slowly reveal in z-space from behind the camera, giving the illusion of the videos creating a fill for the logo. After the logo sets into its final resting spot in zspace, it will do a fill and color the logo red (to replace the video texture inside of logo)

What I was wondering was if there was a way to have the wall of videos move in z-space at different intervals. currently I have the huge wall of videos pre-composed So when I move it in zspace, they all move collectivly. I want them to move SEPERATLY.

anyone know a nice way of doing this without haveing to keyframe each video thru zspace seperatly? maybe expressions? plugins? Im open to any suggestions!
(i hope sum1 understands my gibberish, sorry for the long description!)

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: whats the best way to do this? (independent zspace keyframes for hundreds of layers)
by on May 21, 2010 at 10:53:05 pm

http://www.maxafter.com/carddance.htm

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist
Bucharest, Romania
http://www.ennstudio.ro

Return to posts index

leon kesslerRe: whats the best way to do this? (independent zspace keyframes for hundreds of layers)
by on May 24, 2010 at 3:54:16 pm

thank you very much! BIG HELP!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]