ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How do I create this? And... any tutorials out there?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason McKee
How do I create this? And... any tutorials out there?
on May 21, 2010 at 4:35:17 pm

I posted this in the Trapcode Forums but it doesn't seem like that one gets visited nearly as much. So I apologize for double posting. Maybe I'll have better luck here.

http://www.trapcode.com/journal/2009/12/12/let-yourself-feel-by-esteban-dia.....

Essentially I am trying to create realistic smoke that flows to the left of the frame like this does. This looks very real even though it supposed to be more magical. It has a 3D quality to it that I haven't matched myself. Did he use 3D lights to achieve this? Are there any tutorials that delve deep into this product. I'm looking for tutorials that really show how Particular can be used and not just an overview of the features it has. More real world applications than anything else. Closer to Andrew Kramer and Videocopilot.net than most other tutorials. Please any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
-jm

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: How do I create this? And... any tutorials out there?
on May 21, 2010 at 4:44:23 pm

You might try a forum search on this one. I think it's been asked about on here before and (speaking, as you were, of VideoCopilot) I know they talked about it on VideoCopilot. In fact, there was a very active thread where people were discussing the techniques and having shots at recreating it.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Erik Waluska
Re: How do I create this? And... any tutorials out there?
on May 23, 2010 at 5:11:54 pm

Harry Frank has some in-depth training for Particular and Form
http://www.graymachine.com/

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]