ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Beauty Box

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob ColeBeauty Box
by on May 21, 2010 at 3:03:08 pm

After posting so many questions here, I thought I should put in a recommendation for once.

Beauty Box is amazing. Simply put, it is like having the world's best make-up artist on the set. The difference it makes in skin texture is astounding.

Rendering time is long, but you can simply output a movie of the video channel with the talent, stick it in After Effects with Beauty Box for an overnight render, and it's all done.

Sheffield makes similar products, and this in no way is intended as a comparative review. I chose BB after trying both; your mileage will differ.

Another thing I like: when you apply BB you can very quickly see the result in a given frame.

And the same license gives you FCP and AE versions, though the AE seems more complete (due to limitations inside FCP).

Highly recommended.

Bob C

Return to posts index

Erik LindahlRe: Beauty Box
by on May 21, 2010 at 3:33:23 pm

I can second the above!

We've used Beauty Box on two recent commercials for major national brands with very solid results. This in combination with After Effects and Mocha and you've got your self a very power "post production make-up suite".

Erik Lindahl
Freecloud Post Production Services

Return to posts index

Chris WrightRe: Beauty Box
by on May 21, 2010 at 6:58:04 pm

I made a AE project that works good too. It gives exact same output as demo. It doesn't have a single click, it has 4 sliders, but that only takes a second for it to automatically work.

Skin smoother AE cs3

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved