ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Audio playback is slowed down? is this normal?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hunter HempenAudio playback is slowed down? is this normal?
by on May 20, 2010 at 8:50:21 pm

Question is self-explanatory...except I'd like to be able to edit with the audio in regular speed...not slow mo.

Return to posts index

Bret WilliamsRe: Audio playback is slowed down? is this normal?
by on May 20, 2010 at 9:04:09 pm

Doesn't seem self explanatory at all. But only time I've had that happen recently is when I'm previewing a 60p comp at 30fps. Doh!

Return to posts index

Hunter HempenRe: Audio playback is slowed down? is this normal?
by on May 20, 2010 at 9:33:55 pm

So I should change time line to 24p frames??? In order to accompany slow sound???

Return to posts index

Bret WilliamsRe: Audio playback is slowed down? is this normal?
by on May 21, 2010 at 3:54:43 am

How would I know? Is your footage and comp 24p? When you preview your effects, is the preview tool set to 24p? You haven't provided us with one iota of information. None. Nada. Just that your audio plays back slow. And to top it off you say that your question is self explanatory.

Is your footage 24p? What is it you're trying to do with AE? What kind of effect? What kind of footage? What kind of hardware? What version of AE? When are you hearing slow audio? Give us a hint.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeDon't Edit In AE!!!
by on May 20, 2010 at 9:08:20 pm

The answer is self-explanatory.

Since you presume you can use AE for editing, may I direct you to EXTREMELY helpful links for the AE neophyte who thinks to him or herself, "How tough can this AE stuff be?"

http://blogs.adobe.com/toddkopriva/2010/01/getting-started-with-after-eff.h...
http://www.videocopilot.net/basic/

With AE, you can NOT jump into the deep end of the pool without basic knowledge. If you think otherwise, it's like wearing lead diver's shoes when you jump in.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Hunter HempenRe: Don't Edit In AE!!!
by on May 20, 2010 at 9:35:37 pm

Um, and for the record I am already familiar with the "basics" of AE. I am simply asking as to why it plays audio back at slower speeds. This isn't about my experience, it's about the answers I'm looking for.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Don't Edit In AE!!!
by on May 20, 2010 at 9:42:04 pm

[Hunter Hempen] "for the record I am already familiar with the "basics" of AE. "

Great. Then let's get down to business.

What's the frame rate of your footage and your comp, what's the sample rate of the audio and what does AE EXPECT to see as a sample rate? Is this audio compressed in any way?

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

Steve RobertsRe: Don't Edit In AE!!!
by on May 21, 2010 at 4:54:24 am

Yes, it was clear from your first detailed post that you're familiar with the basics of AE.

Look man, if you want help, give a more detailed explanation: under what circumstances does this slowdown happen? Has it always happened for you? When doesn't it happen? How are you playing audio? Spacebar? RAM preview? What kind of audio sources are you using? How does the audio relate to the video? Same speed or not? Are you using an external playback device such as a KONA or Decklink card?

Now. Are you ready to work with the people supplying free help here?

Return to posts index

Steve RobertsRe: Don't Edit In AE!!!
by on May 21, 2010 at 4:55:25 am

By the way, it's not normal.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Don't Edit In AE!!!
by on May 21, 2010 at 7:52:42 pm

[Hunter Hempen] "This isn't about my experience, it's about the answers I'm looking for."

Yeah, right. You don't even know the proper questions, pal!

[Hunter Hempen] "I am simply asking as to why it plays audio back at slower speeds."

Case in point: if you actually HAD some experience, you'd know you can't PLAY anything in AE. You'd know AE has to render everything, audio included, and that the space bar is useless, and that there are four basic ways to hear audio in AE... but you don't mention which one you're using.

FURTHERMORE -- If you actually had even a whiff of experience, you'd know that frame rates can be pretty darned important.. but you mention nothing about them.
You'd know that compressed audio can give AE fits... but you don't say boo about it.
You'd know that long-gop / interframe-compressed / temporally-compressed VIDEO -- including any audio tracks attached to it -- likewise can send AE into catatonia... but you don't say a thing about whether you're working with video with an audio track, a music clip... nothing.

You have given us absolutely none of the the information an EXPERIENCED AE user would supply. So don't cop an attitude with US, buddy!

This isn't about your experience? Oh, this has everything to do with your experience -- you ain't got none in AE, and you're too ignorant on the subject to even concede that you don't know squat.

Come back when you learn something, Sparky.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

Dillon SommervilleRe: Don't Edit In AE!!!
by on Nov 23, 2012 at 3:54:12 am

There's no reason to fire back at the guy, he asked a question and all you did was ask him more questions. Make a test file and get down and dirty in AE to try to figure out what's up.

I messed around in AE and got the "slow motion voice" too, the best solution I can give is to make sure all your settings are set to default and to make sure your composition settings have the same FPS as your Ram Preview does, and preferably both of those numbers should match to what the footage was shot in.

Return to posts index

Andre AshRe: Don't Edit In AE!!!
by on May 24, 2013 at 2:01:33 am

I don't know why people are making this problem seem harder than it is.

I had the same problem and with no help from this forum I fixed it.

Check the frame rate of your comp. Make sure that the playback on the preview/render is the same frame rate as your comp.

Job done.

Good luck

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]