ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Camera/3-D Transform doing sketchy movements...

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hunter HempenCamera/3-D Transform doing sketchy movements...
by on May 19, 2010 at 2:17:03 am

I posted a video on youtube visually explaining what's happening. I'm not sure if this is a natural thing the camera world in AE does or if something's off. The goal, when I was editing through keyframes, was for the camera to zoom up on part of the first word, with a framed blue space above and below the lettering, and pan along the two words maintaining this equal space above/below. Instead, the camera seems to move too far in and cuts off the blue space, readjusting itself as it progresses to the next keyframe, which I had set beforehand to have no z-axis changes...the z and y axis continue to shift no matter what I do, therefore ruining the effect I was trying to achieve:

Eventually, the camera backs out to give that equal space to the lettering at the end of the motion, but everything before hand is out of control...hope you can help.

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Camera/3-D Transform doing sketchy movements...
by on May 19, 2010 at 2:25:11 am

Read this. Note towards the bottom:
"In some cases, the Auto Bezier spatial interpolation for Position keyframes can cause undesired back-and-forth (boomerang) motion between two keyframes with equal values. In such a case, you can change the earlier keyframe to use Hold interpolation or change both keyframes to use Linear interpolation."

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved