ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Rendering, but missed a couple seconds

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Garman
Rendering, but missed a couple seconds
on May 18, 2010 at 3:04:56 pm

So I rendered out my project in After Effects and realized I missed about the first 3 seconds in my project... My render time now is about a half hour, so it's not the end of the world to render again...

but for future reference, is there any way to tell after effects to render those first 3 seconds, and then just tack on everything else it already rendered exactly the same?

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Re: Rendering, but missed a couple seconds
on May 18, 2010 at 3:25:24 pm

If you render a sequence of stills- yes, there is. Render the missing frames and put them in the same folder with the previously rendered frames.
If you have a .mov, .avi or the like, you could import the already rendered part into your project, place it over the comp in it's place and re-render, saving time for the already rendered part- BUT, you'll loose quality this way, so ....

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist
Bucharest, Romania
http://www.ennstudio.ro

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Rendering, but missed a couple seconds
on May 18, 2010 at 5:00:27 pm

[Chris Garman] "is there any way to tell after effects to render those first 3 seconds, and then just tack on everything else it already rendered exactly the same?"

Yup -- don't render a movie, render an image sequence. You can tell AE to render the missing frames.

I see Ted got here first... but you can still squirrel away the image sequence idea for future projects.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]