ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Image will "lighten" for 3 or 4 frames, then goes back to normal

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Justin ThollImage will "lighten" for 3 or 4 frames, then goes back to normal
by on May 17, 2010 at 3:29:58 pm

Hello- I have been experiencing a strange problem for awhile now. first off, here's my specs:

Model Name: Mac Pro
Model Identifier: MacPro3,1
Processor Name: Quad-Core Intel Xeon
Processor Speed: 3.2 GHz
Number Of Processors: 2
Total Number Of Cores: 8
L2 Cache (per processor): 12 MB
Memory: 20 GB
Bus Speed: 1.6 GHz

In CS4, whenever I RAM Preview or render out a comp in AE, the image will "lighten" for about 3 or four frames then go back to normal. It looks like a gamma thing going on, but there are no effects that is causing this in the comp. When I try to adjust something and RAM preview or render again, it will lighten up in a DIFFERENT place than before- never the same place twice. And this is happening in new and old comps alike.

Can anyone tell me what is going on here?

Return to posts index

Jason JenkinsRe: Image will "lighten" for 3 or 4 frames, then goes back to normal
by on May 17, 2010 at 4:20:53 pm

I have a similar issue in AE CS3, except the "bright" frames always happen in the first few frames of the comp. It only happens with P2 footage from my HVX, though. What kind of footage are you using?

Jason Jenkins

Flowmotion Media

Video production... with style!

Return to posts index

Justin ThollRe: Image will "lighten" for 3 or 4 frames, then goes back to normal
by on May 17, 2010 at 4:40:09 pm

I am also using P2 from an HVX200.
Sometimes the brightness happens right away, but it also happens in the middle as well.
I've never ran across this before, though. It's been running fine with P2 for over a year until now.

Return to posts index

Jeffrey KaplanRe: Image will
by on May 17, 2010 at 4:58:38 pm

I've experienced this problem with Apple Pro Res HQ files. Try working with a different compression and see if it continues.

Jeff Kaplan
Point 360 WEST
Animation & VFX Department
http://www.point360west.com

Return to posts index

Justin ThollRe: Image will
by on May 17, 2010 at 7:51:26 pm

that worked!

very interesting. now- I have to go back and change all my footage to a different codec.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

adam taylorRe: Image will
by on May 18, 2010 at 11:12:35 am

i had a similar thing happen only in my case it was due to the drivers for my AJA Kona 3 video card.

If you use this card, and also have the drivers for using the AJA with FCP, then do not load up the AJA Adobe drivers, as the two different drivers were incompatible.

(Incidentally, it was AJA themselves that told me not to use both drivers on the same machine)

that was a version or two back in the drivers, but i have not loaded the adobe drivers since and had no further problems.

Adam Taylor
Video Editor/Audio Mixer/ Compositor/Motion GFX/Barista
Character Options Ltd
Oldham, UK

http://www.sculptedbliss.co.uk

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]