ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

After Effects Render

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David JohnsonAfter Effects Render
by on May 17, 2010 at 6:26:27 am

Every time I try to render a compostion, it fails and stops rendering at 3.99 gb. Any reason why this would happen or can I change something. It won't continue to render and I have to split up my comps. Also when reimporting into avid the clips seemed to progressivley slow down and not sync up with the original audio.

Return to posts index

Jack HowardRe: After Effects Render
by on May 17, 2010 at 10:27:55 am

Hi David,

Concerning your rendering problem, try going into "Edit", "Preferences", "Output" and make sure that the box that says "Segment Movie Files At (whatever yours says)MB" is UNCHECKED. That should fix it.

Unfortunately I cannot help you with your Avid problem. Sorry.

Hope this helps,

Jack Howard

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: After Effects Render
by on May 17, 2010 at 2:52:36 pm

I'm betting that your disk is formatted using the FAT32 scheme. The maximum file size under that scheme is 4GB.

from "Segment settings":

"If you are exporting a movie that is larger than the maximum file size for your hard disk formatting scheme, then you can set the Segment Video-only Movie Files At value to a value under this maximum. Hard disks formatted for Windows can be formatted using the FAT, FAT32, or NTFS scheme. The maximum file size in the FAT scheme is 2 GB, and the maximum file size in the FAT32 scheme is 4 GB. The maximum size for a file for NTFS is very large (approximately 16 terabytes), so you are unlikely to reach this limit with a single movie."

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved