ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Slideshow Presentation

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Randy RipSlideshow Presentation
by on May 17, 2010 at 3:08:49 am

I am attempting to make a sideshow type presentation using AE and Encore from cs4, but I am unsure of the comp settings/render settings to use so that it looks good when projected on a screen.

I'm on a PC with about 200 photos of different sizes from different cameras. They need to play from a dvd and look good when projected in an auditorium with the added effects and graphics. I'm capable of creating inside of AE but I know very little when it comes to what resolution/size everything needs to be and how the comp size, photos size, and render settings should fit together for something like this. The presentation will be in two parts 15-20 min a piece. The only limitation is that it needs to fit on a regular dvd. Any help would be much appreciated.

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Slideshow Presentation
by on May 17, 2010 at 1:47:21 pm

If you're playing it off of a DVD player, you are restricted to DVD standards on your final composition. If, however, you're playing it off of a computer you can go up to the resolution of the projector.

DVD standard is the NTSC standard. There are presets for this built into AE. Your main comp size and your final render size should be the same.

There are tons of posts on this forum about making high resolution photos look good in a standard definition comp, do a forum search and you should be able to find them.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved