ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stefano CerriRender
by on May 16, 2010 at 10:55:32 pm

I have a problem when I make the render of a video, I want to save it as .mov and even if I put the excellent quality when it exports it the file have a bad quality what I can do for resolve this huge problem? thanks bye

(The video from which I have departed was a .avi)

Return to posts index

Ben Heusner BrownleeRe: Render
by on May 17, 2010 at 4:57:56 am

You don't say what type of QT you have exported to. A Quicktime movie can contain a number of different codecs, all with various strengths and weaknesses.

Have a look at the manual for more information. My rule of thumb is, if I want to go back to my NLE, then try to render in the same codec as the rest of the timeline (in my case that is usually a type of Apple ProRes). If I want a lossless copy for archiving or sending somewhere else, go with PNG (at 100% quality in the Quicktime container) and for smaller preview files, go with H264.

The quality/filesize of the H264 export in After Effects is probably not as good as you'd get from other dedicated compression software, like Sorensen Squeeze for example.

You will also find more help if you do a Search on this forum. Check out this thread too.

Hope that helps,

Curious Turtle Pro Video
Training | Editing | Support
Out Now - Creative Color Grading with Apple Color, Film Wash Color Effects Vol. 3
& Mocha training for AE & FCP

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved