ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Re: Animating Photo Mouths in After Effects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Phil Doyle
on May 16, 2010 at 10:23:37 pm

I'm working on a video where I have video of a person talking and I want to superimpose a photo of another persons head on top. That's straight forward, but I want the mouth of the photo to move in time with the speech.

I don't want it to be anything clever, just the mouth and chin to move up and down, the rougher looking the better. I'm just not sure where to start with animating the mouth; would it just be a case of having a layer for the head, a layer cut down to just the jaw, parent them and go from there?

Any guidance would help, thanks very much!

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on May 17, 2010 at 3:11:21 am

There are several good and relatively simple resources on lip synching, including some tutorials here on the COW. Here's an After Effects Community Help search that brings some up.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

Chris Buttacoli
on May 17, 2010 at 3:27:10 am

For the Monty Python look, your method would work great! Convert your audio to keyframes and make a simple expression to control the mouth movements to the audio amplitude.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on May 17, 2010 at 2:33:52 pm

[Phil Doyle] "I'm working on a video where I have video of a person talking and I want to superimpose a photo of another persons head on top. That's straight forward, but I want the mouth of the photo to move in time with the speech. "

If this animation can turn to the cheesy side, I'd like you to google the name, "Clutch Cargo". It's one of the better-known examples of simply animating a mask around a talent's mouth & chin, putting it over a still of another person. It gets done all the time -- I can think of George Washington speaking on a dollar bill.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]