ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Object Removal

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jithendria kumar aravamudhanObject Removal
by on May 16, 2010 at 1:13:25 am

I have posted once before for an issue in QT, but this is the first time for After Effects. I have a short that I shot(I had a DP). The problem is , on two of the shots some objects need to be removed.
In the first instance , its a tilt shot, hand held. The camera moves up from the actors legs in a grassland, but you see a few water bottles to the side. So how to take it out? I want to remove the objects and be replaced by the grass next to them. I have been trying a lot of things after watching tutorials at creative cow, youtube, video copilot etc, but nothing seems to work.
In the second instance the camera pans, handheld, from one actor to the other with an unwanted building in the bg and it pans back to the first actor. I need to remove the building. I will appreciate any or all help and tips from you guys. Keep up the good work.

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Object Removal
by on May 16, 2010 at 1:38:37 am

For the bottles, I'd start off with the Clone Stamp tool.

For the building, it's hard to recommend something without seeing the exact shot.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

Ben Heusner BrownleeRe: Object Removal
by on May 17, 2010 at 4:39:41 am

Like Todd, for the grass I'd go with the clone stamp linked to a motion tracker, in the first instance.

If that's not enough then take a look at these tutorials to give you another idea on how to do it. The basic idea is to create a clean plate, a mask and track those to replace your object. This should work for the building too. You may need a bit more roto work, depending on your shot.

Mocha for After Effects V2 Paint & Roto Tutorial - Pt 1:

Mocha for After Effects V2 Paint & Roto Tutorial - Pt 2:

Curious Turtle Pro Video
Training | Editing | Support
Out Now - Creative Color Grading with Apple Color, Film Wash Color Effects Vol. 3
& Mocha training for AE & FCP

Return to posts index

jithendria kumar aravamudhanRe: Object Removal
by on May 17, 2010 at 5:29:31 am

Thanks a lot . Will check out the link.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved