ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

MacPro setup

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jan Van den BosscheMacPro setup
by on May 15, 2010 at 7:05:22 am

I know there's been a lot of questions about multiprocessing and how to speed up rendering time. Could someone help me out on how to set my AECS4 to speed up rendering ? I also use the BGRender script from Alvarez. I've been playing around with the Multiprocessing settings...
MacPro 1,1
2x3Ghz DualCore Intel Xeon
4 cores
12Gb RAM
OSX 10.4

Or : should I just upgrade my OS and AE ?

Jan Van den Bossche

Return to posts index

Uli PlankRe: MacPro setup
by on May 15, 2010 at 8:44:40 am

Upgrade to CS5 and get more RAM. You'll need to upgrade the system too, but 10.5.7 will suffice.

Director of the Institute of Media Research (IMF) at Braunschweig University of Arts

Return to posts index

Bret WilliamsRe: MacPro setup
by on May 15, 2010 at 11:49:04 am

Wow, plenty of RAM. The settings are pretty simple and clear in cs4. Slide the slider all the way to faster rendering and choose how many cores you want to use. I would leave a core and a couple gigs available for other tasks. Dedicate 8 or 10 gigs to AE.

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: MacPro setup
by on May 15, 2010 at 3:30:06 pm

Because this question is asked so frequently, I wrote two blog posts and a section in After Effects Help to address performance questions.

"performance tip: Don't overschedule your processors."

"performance tip: Don't starve your software of RAM."

"Improve performance"

"Improve performance" (CS5)

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved