ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Growing on a stripe

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan ReighardGrowing on a stripe
by on May 14, 2010 at 10:42:04 pm

I'm working on a project for school were I need to grow on a stripe over a 30 sec. time period. I have AE CS4. The write on stroke will not work, because the width of the stripe is too large. The vector paint will not work because I get a stuttered pattern from the brush when the stripe grows on. The stuttered pattern is the lag time from the brush. It looks weird and not smooth. So my other option is to mask the whole stripe. Does anyone have any other ideas? The stripe I plan on using I have attached to the email, let me know if the link works. This is the first post I made here.

Link:

OR

mainstriperevised.jpg

Return to posts index

Bret WilliamsRe: Growing on a stripe
by on May 15, 2010 at 11:44:28 am

Use the write on stroke as a mask(matte) to reveal the artwork.

Return to posts index

Dan ReighardRe: Growing on a stripe
by on May 15, 2010 at 2:15:54 pm

I would use the write on stroke effect to reveal the stripe but the write on brush size is too small for the larger parts of the stripe.

What I did was, used the pen tool to create a mask and animated the mask to show the stripe from the beginning to end. I don't know if this was the most efficient way to do this but it worked. If anyone knows a better way to do this pleas chime in, I would love to know a easier way to do this. Thanks for the response Bret. Hopefully I'm not misunderstanding what you meant by the write on effect.

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Growing on a stripe
by on May 17, 2010 at 1:40:16 pm

That's one way to do it. Perhaps this tutorial will help you out in the future.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Dan ReighardRe: Growing on a stripe
by on May 17, 2010 at 4:16:52 pm

Thanks Michael. This might be what I was looking for. I'm going to give it a shot.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]