ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Creating Desired Effect

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Abraham FisherCreating Desired Effect
by on May 13, 2010 at 8:33:54 pm

Hey, I am currently trying to re-design my website. My plan is to make an MOV file in After Effects and encode it to flash and have it as my background. An example of this can be seen here: I am new to After Effects, I currently have CS5, which I would love to start learning how to use better. The effect I am trying to replicate is similar to this:
I do not care about the beginning with the photograph, I would rather just like to have a constant looping effect similar to the middle of the video, where the pixels will be streaming out and I will have all my work posted on top of that layer, creating a surreal website. Any help to get this started would be appreciated, thanks!

Return to posts index

Nenad ZivanovicRe: Creating Desired Effect
by on May 13, 2010 at 9:29:51 pm

It is called CC Scatterize and it's a regular AE plug-in. Nice music videos BTW ;)

All the best,

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: Creating Desired Effect
by on May 13, 2010 at 9:52:46 pm

you'll probably have some issues getting scatterize to loop seamlessly (though you could try gradient wipe)

you might try cc particle systems ii (or cc particle world, but ps ii is a bit simpler).

in physics, set gravity to 0 and in particle set the birth and death size to something very small, like .01 and set the opacity map to 'fade in and out'. you can try a several different particle types to find the one you like. set the color maps as needed. you can control the velocity in the physics settings and the birth rate and longevity at the top of the effect.

then, to learn how to loop a particle system, search the ae tutorials here for 'looping particles', aharon rabinowitz has one or two that describe the technique very well.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer

Return to posts index

Kim SegelRe: Creating Desired Effect
by on May 14, 2010 at 1:06:08 am

I agree with the "CC Scatterize" recommendation.

Also, very easy to loop. Just keep increasing and decreasing the SCATTER value.

A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing. --Emo Philips

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved