ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Rendered audio sounds glitchy & distorted

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jared DavisRendered audio sounds glitchy & distorted
by on May 12, 2010 at 10:19:39 pm

I am running Adobe After Effects CS4.
I have a PC running 3G of RAM, AMD Athlon 2.21 GHz 64-bit processor, and 32 bit Windows XP SP3.

I have a 48 minute project in After Effects that I am attempting to output to DVD.

Within the "Render Queue," I have chosen at different times both MPEG-2 and MPEG-2 DVD with audio output, and with both, I have the same problem.

The project completes rendering after 4 hours, and then pops up a message saying

"After Effects: AEGP Plugin Media IO Plugin: UNRECOGNIZED EXCEPTION

Nevertheless, the project completes and all appears good. I can double-click the mpg file and see the video, and it looks pristine. The audio, however, is another issue.

While the audio is present and clean most of the time, there are glitches (loud screeches/distortions) every 30 seconds or so. It's not very consistent in the video. It's loud and distracting, and it seems like a sound effect (a gun shot, for example) gets stuck and loops several times before stopping in parts. In other parts, the audio fluctuates from loud to soft and soft to loud - again, very distracting.

I have verified that I don't have .mp3s - I converted them all to .wav before incorporating them into my project. I opened the .mp3s in Audacity and exported them out as .wavs before importing them into my project. (I hope that's one correct way of converting .mp3s to .wavs).

Might anyone have any suggestions as to what I might be able to do to output a clean audio? Could the error message be indicative of the problem?

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: Rendered audio sounds glitchy & distorted
by on May 13, 2010 at 8:19:13 am

First thing I would say is don't use AE to render your final export- open the project in Adobe Media Encoder and do it from there. That should solve your problems.
Is there a difference in settings for the audio of your project and the files your're using? (project 48.000 vs files at 44.000) that may cause your problem as well.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist
Bucharest, Romania

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved