ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Will After Effects CS4 Clash with any CS3 Software

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
olly howe
Will After Effects CS4 Clash with any CS3 Software
on May 11, 2010 at 11:51:59 am

Hi,

Bit of a stupid question but i wasn't 100% sure on this.

I have Creative Suite 3 installed on my iMac, i have After Effects CS4 that i want to install to the computer, is it fine/possible to run softwares from different versions of Creative Suite on the same computer? i.e if i install AE CS4 will my CS3 software work fine as it is now?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Andy George
Re: Will After Effects CS4 Clash with any CS3 Software
on May 11, 2010 at 3:16:45 pm

Hi Olly,

I have CS3 and CS4 running on the same machine with no problems.

I think the deal is it works as long as you install CS3 first

-Andy

Return to posts index

olly howe
on May 11, 2010 at 4:31:48 pm

Thanks a lot.

Return to posts index

Dave Johnson
on May 11, 2010 at 3:36:54 pm

When I wanted to confirm my understanding of the same issue going from CS2 to CS3, AE expert Mylenium provided some useful details about this subject on the Adobe forum ...

Mylenium - 10:45pm Feb 5, 09 PST (#2 of 4)

As Navarro said: Should be no problem. Be aware, though, that several of the "Edit original" and "Open in Bridge" type functions will always resort to the most modern version and these functions thus will not work fully in older versions. If e.g. you chose to "Browse Presets" in AE CS3 with CS4 already on your system, it would open Bridge CS4 and you would be able to view the presets, but could not apply them with a double-click as you would otherwise. Also expect some confusion when working with MPEG stuff. You may get warnings about missing CoDecs in Encore and Premiere or weird licensing warnings ("not included in trial version" and such...)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]