ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Support for OGG Theora/Vorbis in AE?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
john isaacksSupport for OGG Theora/Vorbis in AE?
by on May 10, 2010 at 5:46:50 pm

Ogg is the video format that will be used for HTML5 video in Firefox, Opera, and Chrome.

It uses the Vorbis audio codec and Theora video codec. with the .ogg file extension.

I am currently using After Effects CS4 but plan to upgrade to CS5 later this year.

Is there a way to make after effects support this video format?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Support for OGG Theora/Vorbis in AE?
by on May 10, 2010 at 6:07:01 pm

[john isaacks] "Is there a way to make after effects support this video format? "

I haven't worked with these kinds of files, but my gut says, "not without converting it first."

However, the ol' gut's been known to be wrong when working with exotic file formats. You can check the file types for yourself. Here's the list for AE 9:
http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/406/kb406350.html

...and for AE 10:
http://help.adobe.com/en_US/aftereffects/cs/using/WSB108BC99-A69B-46c4-86D3...

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Support for OGG Theora/Vorbis in AE?
by on May 10, 2010 at 6:26:12 pm

The problem with these large inter-frame compressed CODECs is that they are synchronous - ie. they encode and decode in the same manner. And their premise has been primarily for encoding, to retain a smallish filesize, accomplished through large inter-frame GOPs.

The trick is to have a large GOP-capable CODEC; BUT then decodes using small or non-existent GOPs - an asynchronous CODEC. With real-time algorithms widely available, this isn't so far fetched a paridigm. Coupled with hardware assists, this is what the industry and HTML5 needs (just to ensure that my mini rant fits into the thread-scope)

Sense make?

Sell your AEPs with broadcastGEMs' DVD series of templates. Click here for more

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]