ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

CS3 Keyframing Issue

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kent RichCS3 Keyframing Issue
by on May 10, 2010 at 3:05:00 pm

I picked up a previous project so I wouldn't have to start from scratch for the same client, and during just some simple photograph manipulation, my keyframes stopped being adjustable. I could select a particular keyframe by dragging a marquee around it, but it would not be selected directly, and once the keyframe was selected, it wouldn't allow me to move it, or in the case of two keyframes, them.

I've trashed preferences, turned hyper-threading off, just about anything I could think of, but no change. This hasn't happened to me before, but it seems to have happened to others throughout the years. I've never seen a resolution for it. Does anyone have one?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: CS3 Keyframing Issue
by on May 10, 2010 at 4:09:25 pm

I've encountered such a condition only once. It was caused by AE's having to do a TON of rendering just to display a single frame: multiple lights, layers casting shadows, plus many nested and duplicated 3D comps.

Does the situation get any better if you try to make keyframe changes with the caps lock on?

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Kent RichRe: CS3 Keyframing Issue
by on May 10, 2010 at 4:21:51 pm

I tried the caps lock thing; interesting. I've never heard of that. What is that supposed to do? It didn't change anything.

I'm not doing anything too intensive, as far as I can tell. I've only got 51 layers, a couple non-complicated background nested comps, and a couple lights. I think the photos I'm moving around are rather large though. Do you think that may cause the problem?

Thanks very much for your reply.

Kent

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: CS3 Keyframing Issue
by on May 10, 2010 at 4:26:18 pm

[Kent Rich] "I tried the caps lock thing; interesting. I've never heard of that. What is that supposed to do?"

Caps lock keeps the frame from updating when you make changes in the comp.

[Kent Rich] "I think the photos I'm moving around are rather large though. Do you think that may cause the problem? "

You're darned tootin' it could! Especially if those layers happen to have effects applied to them and/or be set to "Accepts Lights", Accepts Shadows" and "Casts Shadows".

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Kent RichRe: CS3 Keyframing Issue
by on May 10, 2010 at 4:38:15 pm

I'll keep that in mind the next time I import a bunch of huge jpg's, and thand you for your quick reply Dave.

Kent

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]