ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Zoom in (forward) effect

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Drew BoczkowskiZoom in (forward) effect
by on May 9, 2010 at 9:53:57 pm

Hi, I'm new to the COW Forums, however I am not new to COW. I have followed many tutorials from here and have loved them.

I don't know if you'd exactly call me a beginner, or some one who has ADHD , so to speak, when it comes to graphic design. I have been able to recreate and create many of my own graphics, though some things need explaining and today happens to be one of those days.

I was thumbing through After Effects templates and editable videos yesterday when I stumbled upon a video on Unfortunately at this time I can't afford to purchase anything from this site, but hope to be able to in the future as they have some nice things I'd like to download.

At any rate I've been trying to recreate this effect since yesterday afternoon (, I went to bed with it on my mind to figure it out. Thus far I have come up empty.

I'm trying to recreate the font effect for "Storm Watch". Oddly enough I know how to do everything else, but the animated font is driving me crazy.

The only thing Adobe AE has is "Zoom Forward", some what the effect I'm looking for, but instead of it zooming out, I need it to zoom in like the video.

Return to posts index

Alperen T. AyhanRe: Zoom in (forward) effect
by on May 10, 2010 at 12:34:15 am

I didn't understand what you couldn't do.. If I am wrong please feel free to correct me ok? But If want to do a remake of "Storm Watch" video, just animate the text like "storm watch" in a precomp, then make the precomp as a 3D layer. so now you just need to play around the z-scale. that's all..

Alperen T. AYHAN
Always cinema...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved