ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Tracking for text.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mohammed OvaisTracking for text.
by on May 7, 2010 at 11:32:31 am

I have just discovered a bit of a problem with my text layers and increasing or decreasing the tracking of the text.

Normally when I increase the tracking it will expand from the centre to both the right and left. However now the text is only expanding to the right. I tried most of the settings, changing the pan behind view point and for the tracking settings too, but had no luck.

Here is a picture to explain what I mean.

The top line of text is the basic text. The seond line of text is the problem, you can see the tracking does increase but the letters move towards the right.

The red line of text is what I would like. Do you guys know what I can do, to try and get the tracking to go back to the way it was, like the red text?

Thanks a lot.

Return to posts index

Brij nandanRe: Tracking for text.
by on May 7, 2010 at 12:33:24 pm

I think its simple. select the second line and in paragarph panel select center alignment. In given picture i saw that left alignment is selected in paagraph panel. It could help you.

Return to posts index

Mohammed OvaisRe: Tracking for text.
by on May 7, 2010 at 3:22:09 pm

Thank you very much. I think that might well be the case, such a long time trying to find the problem and that's what it was lol.

Thanks mate, appreciated.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved