ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Dripping Titles??

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Arica West
Dripping Titles??
on May 6, 2010 at 8:49:51 pm

I am trying to animate a title sequence in which the text hits the screen and drips down the screen (as if it were blood, or in my case jelly). I can make what I would like my final product to look like in photoshop but I would like to animate it in after effects if possible using key frames for the movement.

Can I use the paint tool over text in after effects, as I did in photoshop, to create the dripping effect I am going for?



Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Dripping Titles??
on May 6, 2010 at 9:52:52 pm

There's a tutorial in the COW's AE Tutorials section on making horror titles. You should look it up: I bet you'll find some good tips to get the dripping blood look, which I bet can be changed to jelly.

By the way: is it grape, strawberry or cranberry?

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Stuart Smith
Re: Dripping Titles??
on May 7, 2010 at 2:48:24 am

I vote gooseberry

Return to posts index

scott novasic
Re: Dripping Titles??
on May 7, 2010 at 4:56:39 am

I have real good luck with the liquify plug in in the distortion menu. Once you get used to it, you can really make some unique stuff. I combine it with a displacer, like shade shape to and some environmental settings and you can achieve any number of textures from thin blood to gloopy jelly...

good luck...

Animation & Visual Effects
Scott Novasic
Los Angeles Ca

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved