ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Strange problem with SWF in After Effects - Continuously Rasterize??

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jake Nelson-Dooley
Strange problem with SWF in After Effects - Continuously Rasterize??
on May 6, 2010 at 5:32:11 pm

I'm publishing swfs at 2880x594, dropping them in After Effects and scaling them up to 5242x1080. This huge size is for a projector.

The Swfs work normally until I tick the continually rasterize button, the one that lets you scale up vector graphics losslessy. When I do that, the edges of the animation disappear. The thing is, when I scrub through the timeline, I can see the missing areas. But if I render or preview render, they're gone again.

Any ideas would be very much appreciated!

Jake

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Strange problem with SWF in After Effects - Continuously Rasterize??
on May 6, 2010 at 5:57:05 pm

Trying to use Open GL? Don't.
Got AE9, but not the free upgrade to AE 9.0.2? Get it.

Those are the two most common fixes for AE weirdness, and everyone should check them first.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Jake Nelson-Dooley
on May 6, 2010 at 6:58:54 pm

Thanks for the ideas Dave. Up to date (ver 9.0.2.42). Disabling open GL didn't help. I'll keep trying

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on May 6, 2010 at 8:50:56 pm

I've had this problem before, and I have no idea what causes it.

However, here's a workaround: open your FLA file in Flash and export an image sequence of EPS files instead (File > Export > Movie... "EPS sequence"). Import this sequence into AE. Continuous rasterization will work properly on your new media.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Jake Nelson-Dooley
on May 6, 2010 at 10:09:18 pm

That sounds awesome. Unfortunately it looks like CS4 no longer has that option...

I found a hack to address this. Open the swf and scale it up as before (to 5242x1080 in this case). The swf will only display the left 4000 pixels, the remaining 1242 pixels on the right get cropped. Duplicate the swf layer and precompose it. In the precomp, slide the swf to the left so that the right side of the animation is now in the middle of the comp. Back in the original composition, line up the precomp with the original swf layer so it looks like there's only one layer. Basically use a seperate peice of the animation to patch the hole that popped up because of the continuous rasterization problem.

A friend told me this problem has to do with SWFs having a size limit of 4000x4000.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]