ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Combining Effects into one Expression?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Darren GoldsmithCombining Effects into one Expression?
by on May 6, 2010 at 1:45:37 pm

I've been experimenting with AE (on a friend's system - have CS5 on order for myself, really looking forward to running it on my i7 64-bit machine!) and I came up with a bunch of effects that work nicely to create a distorted transmission style broadcast.

Now I know this isn't a new concept by a long way... the Bad TV filters cover most uses I'm sure... and I use some of the Bad TV stuff as part of my broadcast effect as it happens anyway. But I'm really happy with the results and I'd like to be able to apply the entire combination of effects again, to other footage... can that be done?

I mean, I know you can simply copy the effects into another project... but can all of those effects be combined/easily randomized, so that when applied to a new movie, the effect is the same but where it occurs/how strong etc. it is in the time line is different for each project?

I guess if it can be done at all, it's an expression thing... but I'm a real newbie at this so some really easy to understand instructions would be mighty handy.

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Combining Effects into one Expression?
by on May 6, 2010 at 3:28:20 pm

Check AE's manual on Animation Preset (to save a bunch of effects for later use in any project) and Brainstorm (to induce randomness into selected keyfamed properties).

Sell your AEPs with broadcastGEMs' DVD series of templates. Click here for more

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved