ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Save frame as tga

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick RosierSave frame as tga
by on May 6, 2010 at 10:37:27 am

Seems when I save frames out as .tga, the imgage is tinted a blue-purple colour. Any ideas? Rendering in any other image format doesn't do this. The tga is set at 24bpc and rgb only.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Save frame as tga
by on May 6, 2010 at 2:55:52 pm

I've recently learned from individuals more knowledgeable than I about such things that such files can have more than one standard for for color spaces. Perhaps the software reading your rendered Targa uses a different standard. If you have no other choice than to use Targa, you may be entering the often-confusing world of multiple color management:

Why did such a confusing state of affairs evolve? Beats me. Why do they make it so blessed difficult to create media file on a Mac that can be easily read by a Windows box, and vice-versa?

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Nick RosierRe: Save frame as tga
by on May 6, 2010 at 3:13:41 pm

thanks for getting back to me - strange situation! on my mac the thumbnails seem to display the correct colour, but the minute I open the file in photoshop, quicklook, preview etc, the image appears tinted blue-purple.

but seems to have sorted itself out - restarted after effects and no more trouble.. hmm!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved